2016 Challenge: Trying to Use Up Products! / Possible Project Pan?



Hello peeps!


Its 2016 and for little weak-willed me, I already have a long ass list of products I wanna get my greedy hands on. But as always, money is an issue and as I get older, I'd like to think I'm getting a little sensible in my spending (or at least, one can hope).

And so I'd thought it'll be a fun challenge to at least use up stuff I currently already have and then treat myself to new ones. It'll also give me some time to collect money XD

In general, when I have clinic at Uni I don't really wear makeup (I love sleeping in too much) but my new lenses seem pretty unnatural without makeup so I had to put a little something anyway. This would also be good training for me since I take the longest time to put on makeup and I wanna learn to cut the time down. I usually take around 30mins and I wanna try to cut it down to 5-10mins \o/

the products I've chosen

I've basically chosen stuff I either wanna try to finish or I just don't grab for that often. I'll list them down according to category.

EYES/EYEBROWS

  • Sleek i-Divine Storm Palette
I love this palette but I rarely use it cause most of the shades are sparkles and I'm just more drawn to the Sleek Au Naturel palette (which actually has 8 matte shades)

  • Clinique Quickliner for Eyes in Really Black
  • em Waterliner in Black Night

These smudge on me, and they're expensive! But I'm thinking of doing a smudgy eyeliner look as its quicker in the morning so these liners would work well for that purpose.


I just have a bit more for the Clinique liner, and I basically did not use the em one.


  • Milani Shadow Eyes in Champagne Toast
I remember buying this hoping it would work as a base, too bad it creases on me. Works relatively well as an inner corner highlight tho~

  • Avon Extra Lasting Liquid Eyeliner in Shimmering Black
The shimmer isn't obvious. I pretty much like this liner. Bought it to experiment with liquid liner. It smudges at the corners of my eyes.

  • Suqqu Eyebrow Liquid Pen in Moss Green
This was really expensive. Like, maybe £20. I bought it at London a few years ago and thought it didn't do much for me. Just took it out again and was impressed that it hasn't dried out yet, and looks sooo good! It makes my eyebrows look well defined, but natural. What to expect, this was a product raved by Lisa Eldridge. I'm excited to use this!


FACE

  • Benefit the Porefessional Primer
I hate this primer. Its my first primer so I have nothing to compare it with, but tbh I feel like this does nothing for me? My pores are still visible (if not, even more obvious after applying this?!) and to make things worst, it clogs my pores. Its expensive tho so I plan to finish it up anyway >.>

  • Wet n Wild Blush in Pearlescent Pink
I got this blush with WnW Heather Silk and honestly, I feel like I like the look of matte blushes more. Hence I rarely reached for this shimmery one. I do plan on trying to use this tho. Its crazy pigmented so a light hand is needed!


  • MAC Sheertone Blush in Sincere
I bought this as a contour yearssss ago. It was among my first makeup products and this is my baby. But over the years I've come to realize I like my contours to be a little less red. Although I still like this as a blush/contour 2-in-1. Its lovely on my NC25 skin. I plan to pan this!


this is the only powder product where there's an obvious dent in it XD


LIPS
  • MAC Kinda Sexy
I love the shade of this lipstick but it sometimes was a little too nude for me. I found a way to fix that issue tho! I put a layer of ELF's Mineral Lip Liner in Rose as a base and it makes the color wearable. I plan to wear this lip combo at least once a week.

  • L'oreal Colour Riche in Peach Fuzz
I love this lipstick when I first got it but after a while I started noticing a scent to it and it just made me dizzy. I still wanna try to finish up the lippie tho since the color is lovely!


I have a TON more to go



GOALS FOR THIS CHALLENGE
  • at least pan one eyeshadow shade from the palette
  • pan the MAC blush
  • finish up the primer and eyeliners (at least the stick ones)
This might be a 6 months/1 year challenge, it depends on how often I wear makeup. As I get closer to finals I might not wear makeup at all (due to being half dead from studying). Hopefully I'll update my journey!

Til next time,
Irisy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers