Battle of The Makeup Removers!

Hello :D In this post I shall do a quick review and comparison between 10 different makeup removers from brands such as Biore, Maybelline ...

Hello :D

In this post I shall do a quick review and comparison between 10 different makeup removers from brands such as Biore, Maybelline and Silkygirl that I've used in the past. To see which are my fave, keep on reading!




I wear pretty minimal face makeup but my mascara and eyeliner are usually heavy duty. I'd like them to survive tornados and a crying fest, if I were ever in such situations. With that said, I look for makeup removers that can remove my mascara with the least tugging and don't hurt my eye.


Brand: Silkygirl

1) Silkygirl Hydra Clean Makeup Remover

Its ok but its not amazing. I've bought it during times when I'm in a pinch for a makeup remover but I'm either broke and my usual makeup remover isn't on sale. It does remove my mascara but it takes too much effort. I like using this for removing my face and lip makeup as its less harsh.

Rating: 3/5

2) Silkygirl Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

This is marketed for removal of waterproof makeup and it does do it. It can remove my mascara and eyeliner but it still struggles removing my super heavy duty Heroine Kiss Make mascara (which is notorious for being a pain when it comes to removing it). I like this remover more for eye makeup removal as compared to face makeup removal.

Rating: 3/5

3) Silkygirl Pure Fresh All-in-One Gel Makeup Remover

Ok, I loveee the idea of this makeup remover. Its water based and is 100% soap free. It smells great too and is always on sale for RM10 (NP: RM15+). Only thing is, it doesn't work for me. It doesn't fully remove my lipstick and it literally does nothing to my mascara. Its like washing your face with water that smells nice. Lol. I guess if I had to use this, I'd use it for face makeup removal (and only when I have nothing else to use).

Rating: 1.5/5


Brand: Biore
4) Biore Perfect Cleansing Water

This makeup remover is water based and is without alcohol. It also has a floral scent that I could do without. I use this exclusively to remove my lip and face makeup. I wanted something that wasn't oil based to remove my lipstick as oil made my lips dry and flakey. It can't remove lip tints really well. After usage, it leaves my skin slightly dry and my lips feeling "tight". I don't really like that feeling but I'll use it until I find something else to replace it. Its really cheap so its good for when you're in a pinch.

Rating: 3/5

5) Biore Cleansing Oil - In Cotton Wipes 

I read a lot of reviews for this and bought the travel version (10 sheets per pack) to try it out. ITS AMAZING. It removed EVERYTHING. One sheet was enough to remove my whole face and eye makeup. It could even remove my Heroine Make mascara. Only thing is, the cotton wipes dries up really fast. I used this when I was on a trip and forgot to reuse this after I got back. I tried using it a week after opening the pack and it got pretty dry, to the point I couldn't really use it to remove mascara. Once open, I guess you should use it daily and try to finish it ASAP to get the full benefit.

Rating: 4/5

6) Biore Makeup Remover for Eyes and Lips

This is my baby. My ride or die. My current fave makeup remover. It removes everything. It doesn't need excessive tugging. People complain about it stinging the eyes and I did experience it initially, but it went away - or I just got better at removing makeup without poking my eye with the cotton soaked with makeup remover XD. Its also really oily so after removing my face makeup with it, I wash my face to prevent pores from getting clogged. I think I've bought 3 bottles already. And I always buy it when its on sale at Watson.

Rating: 5/5

Brands: Nivea, Maybelline, Loreal, Bifesta

7) Nivea Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Makeup Remover

I bought this in Jordan when I ran out of makeup remover. Its not bad. Gets the job done. Removes waterproof mascara but needs extra effort, and a few eyelashes as sacrifice.

Rating: 3.5/5

8) Maybelline Eye and Lip Makeup Remover

This was among the first makeup removers I've tried. I used to think it was great. Until I tried Biore. Now I think its shit. Haha. I used it today and it was struggling to remove my non-waterproof mascara. Skip this and go for Silkygirl instead :P

Rating: 2.5/5

9) Loreal Gentle Eye and Lip Makeup Remover

Its actually not bad. Way better than Maybelline, but not as good as Biore. It's also expensive.

Rating: 3.5/5

10) Bifesta Water Based Cleanser

I got it as a sample. Didn't work for me. I'm not going to rate it as I only used it once.


Recommendations: Silkygirl is a good brand to check out if you're tight on money but I 100% stand by Biore. Whats your favorite makeup remover? As always, thanks for reading!

With love,
Irisy

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers