Review: Silkygirl Matte Fever Lipcolor Balm in Vogue





My little history with this lipstick is pretty funny. I would go to Guardian/Watson whenever I could just to check if this was on sale. And finally, a month later, it was. Yay! (I'm a cheapskate, I know). I basically annoyed my sister that whole month cause every time we go somewhere I'd wanna check Guardian and she'll be like "my God, again?!" XD

Silkygirl claims that this lipstick is enriched with Calendula Flower Oil, White Mulberry Extract and Vitamin E to soften and soothe your lips. Perfect for first time matte lipcolor users as it provides a sophisticated matte finish. They come in six colors and the color that I got was shade 01 Vogue.

The different color selections
The formula isn't horribly drying, but its not moisturizing either. I generally don't really like matte lipsticks but I like this lipstick as its a pretty comfortable matte lipstick. It does enhance whatever dry patches you have tho. So make sure to exfoliate your lips before application!

Wear time for this lipstick is around 4 hours, and you'll need to touch up if you eat. It also transfers but I ain't complaining cause the color is pretty for the price! I like to apply this by focusing the color in the middle of my lips, and blending out the edges to give a subtle gradient effect, as my lips on the outer edge tend to get dry. 

I would describe this color as a pinkish-brownish color. I think it'll compliment most skin tones and is very class/work appropriate :D

wearing silkygirl matte fever lipstick in vogue. it looks slightly coral-ish too in this picture xD
Rating: 4/5
I'm knocking a point off due to the wear time and how its pretty drying despite claiming to soothe the lips. I still love it and have recommended it to others tho! :D

Thanks for reading. Hope you have a nice day ahead. Tell me if you've tried this lipstick or anything from Silkygirl :)

With love, 
Irisy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers